CURYJ is Hiring!
Director of Programs
The mission of Communities United for Restorative Youth Justice (CURYJ) (“Courage”) is to end cycles of violence and poverty by uplifting young people of color that have been impacted by incarceration. CURYJ believes that young adults are the experts on the issues affecting their lives and must be involved in developing policies that impact them.
About the Development Director Position
CURYJ is searching for a highly experienced leader and manager to joining its leadership team as the Director of Programs. The Director or Programs is responsible for the overall strategic and operational responsibility for CURYJ’s direct service programs, including Homies 4 Justice (H4J) and the successful integration of organizing and policy campaigns, Aztlan Beautification Movement and our Women’s Empowerment Project. The Director of Programs will ensure seamless integration and alignment of: planning, team management, leadership development, program delivery, data collection and evaluation.
- Oversee and manage programs and ensure alignment with CURYJ’s mission and funder expectation/requirements
- Develop and maintain program calendars
- Lead ongoing curriculum development
- Plan and carefully manage program budgets in collaboration with the Director of Operations and Finance to ensure that funds are spent efficiently and effectively
- Strengthen and formalize relationships with partner organizations
- Supervise and develop program staff and volunteers, ensuring they meet project timelines, program goals and benchmarks, at or under budget, with
- Implement a professional development program to address experience and skills gap. Design and oversee ongoing training supervision and training of program staff
- Ensure that the Executive Director and leadership team are kept up to date about progress of large scale projects.
- Identify and connect lessons learned and findings from contracts and programming to increase overall staff knowledge, develop best practices and inform the ongoing development of new tools, services and resources that advance healing and well-being for young people of color.
- Create and oversee evaluation processes and tools, and use findings to continually improve programs and impact.
- Develop systems, policies, and practices that ensure consistent, high-quality project management
- Participate in strategic and programmatic planning with staff and consultants to identify and implement organizational goals
Qualifications and Skills
- A commitment to social justice and CURYJ’s mission, as well as experience working with low-income communities of color and formerly incarcerated people
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in senior level program oversight
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, the capacity to learn and learn new systems. Extra points if experience with Salesforce and Mailchimp
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to set work priorities and manage tasks to meet deadlines in an organized manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional standards, as well as holding others accountable in a diverse workplace
- Ability to maintain an overall view of the organization and ability to identify areas for improvement and growth which work toward individual and team accomplishments
- Experience maintaining confidentiality records and related documents
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- A strong people management, training and supervision experience, including knowledge of professional development systems and practices.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Committed to values of candor, collaboration, adaptability and humor
- Experience working with low-income communities of color and formerly incarcerated people.
Please send cover letter and resume to Joan Benoit, Director of Operations and Finance, firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation and Benefits: This position is exempt full-time with excellent benefits. Compensation is dependent upon experience (DOE). CURYJ provides an excellent working environment that is flexible and encourages teamwork and recognizes high-quality work. Salary range is $75,000-$85,000 annually.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status.