Life Coaching is a program run by Communities United for Restorative Youth Justice (CURYJ), led by two Oakland natives and mentors, Mike Muscadine and John Jones III. Life Coaching provides support for formerly incarcerated young people and adults in Oakland.
Mike, a co-founder of CURYJ brings over 7 years of mentoring and community leadership to our program. John Jones III is a certified life coach and Oakland resident and advocate.
Those who are impacted directly by incarceration are encouraged to sign up for life-coaching. Our program helps to provide resources such as groceries, housing, employment, education and is relationship-based and community centered. Contact email@example.com
Life coaching offers:
- One-on-One Coaching: Life coaches dedicate individual time to empower and support participants in fulfilling their personal Life Map goals.
- Community Access Ticket Service (CATS) trips: Our relationship to CATS provides us with access to baseball games, museum tickets and special events in Oakland and SF.
- Resources: Based on personal need, participants may receive support in job readiness, resume building, career planning and networking to connect participants with opportunities to gain meaningful employment, basic needs and education.
- Healing opportunities: Life coaching exposes participants to restorative practices rooted in cultural teachings and community healing. Trainings and ceremonies are available to participants who wish to connect to their culture and identity.
- Life Coach Placement
- Weekly Check in’s
- Job Readiness Training
- Monthly Life Goal Incentive/stipend
- Social Outings